Saturday, October 10, 2009

Of Barres and Mirrors

Ballet classes have been underway now for 5 weeks, although they seem to have gone by so quickly! God has blessed me with 36 students between the ages of 4 and 14. I teach 2 classes on Tuesday afternoons (with an exercise/dance class for ladies that evening) and 4 classes on Thursday afternoons. Preparing and teaching keeps me busy, but I enjoy it.

This year I am blessed to be able to use the new fellowship hall at Fountain of Grace, and they graciously allowed me to install mirrors on one of the walls. My dad got the best quote and oversaw the installation, also loaning me money to pay for them. Thankfully, I paid them off this month.

The mirrors are so nice for the students to be able to see exactly what they're doing and what it's supposed to look like! It also helps me to keep my eyes on all of them at once, and allows me to demonstrate things while letting them all see clearly.

My dad also designed and built barres for me out of PVC pipe with some metal rods inside to keep them sturdy. Finally, version 1.7 passed my stability test, and the girls have enjoyed using them. They're so much better than the chairs we used to use!

Praise God for His provision and grace to teach and plan day-by-day!

1 comment:

  1. That's great Anna!
    It really looks good!
    I'm sure they will be very useful in the years to come!
    Lydia :-)

    ReplyDelete