Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just Ask!

We wanted to spread the word as much as possible about the upcoming musical, because part of why we are doing it is to provide good, family-friendly and God-honoring entertainment for the community.

A family friend, my assistant director and dad to 4 of the actors (and an actor himself!), made a great flier that we have been hanging up in color and distributing in black-and-white, printed on yellow paper.

When I was out shopping yesterday for final items needed for the musical, I brought fliers with me and asked if one could be hung up in each place that I stopped. Only one turned me down because of a policy they had, while the other three - my bank, a Faith Rescue Mission store, and "Cheapskates," where I bought the jewelry I needed at a great price - kindly agreed.

Although I was nervous about asking when it was of no benefit to them to hang up a poster, it was encouraging to see their willingness. And, asking really isn't that scary. After all, it never hurts to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment