Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Organizing Costumes

I had some great helpers as we began organizing costumes for "The Cord of Courage" last Friday. 5 girls and I spent over 5 hours at the church building sorting types of costumes into piles, going through measurements, and trying to find the best costume for each character.

We took time to have fun too - like trying to find the craziest costume! Don't worry - I don't think we'll actually put anyone in that tunic, but the turban may come in useful for a certain character... ;)

With a cast of almost 60, we need a lot of costumes! Thankfully we have many on hand from previous productions, and through generous fabric donations and sheets found at thrift stores over the year (I stock up when I see good ones - $2/sheet is the best price for costume material!), I have enough to make the 40+ tunics, sashes, and head coverings needing to be created for this production. Thankfully, I have good help in doing this as well!

I spent another 6 1/2 hours at the church building yesterday as well. Much as the group was a great help, I needed quiet time alone to go through and make sure each costume was what we wanted. Now I have everything planned out - so let the sewing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment